Francis Ernest MILLBANK is Ben’s great grandfather. He was born on 07 December 1894 at Westminster, Middlesex. His parents are Henry Joseph MILLBANK & Sarah DIAPER.
Francis Ernest MILLBANK was baptised on 15 May 1895 at Westminster, Middlesex1.
|When Baptised||When Born||Child’s Name||Parents’ Names||Abode||Quality, Trade or Profession|
|15 May 1895||December 1894||Francis Ernest||Henry Joseph & Sarah MILLBANK||14 Ponsonby Place||Coachman|
In 1901, Francis Ernest MILLBANK was 6 years old and living at 13 Bessborough Road, Westminster, Middlesex with his parents Henry J and Sarah MILLBANK2.
|Name and Surname||Relation to Head||Condition as to Marriage||Age||Profession or Occupation||Where Born|
|Henry J MILLBANK||Head||Married||44||Storehouse man. Army clothing||Clerkenwell|
|Sarah MILLBANK||Wife||Married||44||Stowupland, Suffolk|
|Maud MILLBANK||Daur.||Single||14||Westminster, London|
|Henry E MILLBANK||Son||Single||10||Westminster, London|
|Francis E MILLBANK||Son||Single||6||Westminster, London|
|Karl HAILENBACH||Boarder||Widower||40||Cabinet Maker||Eisenach, Germany|
In 1911, Francis Ernest MILLBANK was living with his family still at the same address: 13 Bessborough Place, Westminster, Middlesex3. Francis was 16 years old and working as a cashier.
|Name and Surname||Relationship to Head||Age||Particulars as to Marriage||Profession or Occupation||Where Born|
|Henry Joseph MILLBANK||Head||54||Married||Coachman (domestic)||Clerkenwell, London|
|Sarah MILLBANK||Wife||54||Married 25 years. 4 children, 3 living, 1 died||Stowupland, Suffolk|
|Maud Elizabeth MILLBANK||Daur.||24||Single||Tailoress||Westminster, London|
|Henry Edward MILLBANK||Son||19||Single||Boy clerk. Civil service||Westminster, London|
|Francis Ernest MILLBANK||Son||16||Single||Cashier||Westminster, London|
Francis Ernest MILLBANK and Charlotte JOHNSON were married on 18 May 1918 at t Mary’s Church, Battersea, London4.
|When Married||Name and Surname||Age||Condition||Rank or Profession||Residence||Father’s Name and Surname||Rank or Profession of Father|
|18 May 1918||Francis Ernest MILLBANK||23||Bachelor||Messenger||Holy Trinity Pimlico||Henry Joseph MILLBANK||Packer|
|Charlotte JOHNSON||25||Spinster||27 Rosenau Road||Thomas William JOHNSON (deceased)||Carpenter|
In 1939, Francis Ernest MILLBANK was living at 92 Long Lane, Croydon, Surrey5 with his wife Charlotte and 2 of their sons, Frank and William MILLBANK. Francis was working as a railway ticket inspector.
|Names||M or F||Birth||S M W or D||Personal Occupation|
|Francis E MILLBANK||M||07 December 1894||M||Railway Ticket Inspector|
|Charlotte MILLBANK||F||26 February 1891||M||Unpaid domestic Duties|
|Frank R MILLBANK||M||11 February 1919||S||Printing Trade [??] Operator|
|William L MILLBANK||M||13 September 1920||S||Printing Trade Machineminder|
Francis Ernest MILLBANK died at 92 Long Lane, Croydon, Surrey on 01 March 19406.
|Wife:||Charlotte JOHNSON 1891-1970|
|Father:||Henry Joseph MILLBANK 1857-1941|
|Mother:||Sarah DIAPER 1856-1940|
Please note that all content on this site is copyright protected. The information is shared on this site to assist with family history research, but the text and images remain the property of the author and are not to be used without permission.
- Baptisms (PR) England. Westminster, Middlesex. 15 May 1895. MILLBANK, Francis Ernest. Collection: Westminster, London, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1919. http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 25 December 2021.
- Census Records. England. Westminster, London. 01 April 1901. MILLBANK, Henry J (head). ED 13. PN 93. FN 70. p. 23. SN 167. http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 02 December 2021.
- Census Records. England. Westminster, London. 02 April 1911. MILLBANK, Henry Joseph (head). RD 5. ED 09. PN 474. http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 02 December 2021.
- Marriage (CR) England. Battersea, Surrey. 18 May 1918. MILLBANK, Francis Ernest and JOHNSON, Charlotte. Collection: London, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1936. http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 02 December 2021.
- 1939 Register. England & Wales. Croydon, Surrey. MILLBANK, Francis E. 29 September 1939. Reference: RG101/1287A/012/5. National Archives (Great Britain), Kew, England. Collection: 1939 Register. http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 02 December 2021.
- Testamentary Records. England. 10 May 1940. MILLBANK, Francis Ernest. Principal Probate Registry. Calendar of the grants of probate. p. 551. England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995. http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 02 December 2021.